Featured Post

Introduction

Welcome to the Raggedy Cottage and Garden. As an effort to promote home style creativity and genuine old-fashioned character, I have starte...

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

The Word of Authority by Which We Can Die


The Word of Authority by Which We Can Die

These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them.... Hebrews 11:13

There is not one word published on the North American continent today that I would want to die by!

If I knew that tomorrow evening was to be my last, and that I would never see another sunrise, there isn't a newspaper published anywhere in the world that I would want to see.

There hasn't been a book published this year that I would want to read. There hasn't been a word uttered in the United Nations that I would want to hear. There is no authority anywhere.

Everybody is writing and talking, but for dying men there is not one word of authority anywhere, except as you hear the sure, true, terrifying words of Jesus Christ! The only authoritative word ever published is that which comes from the Holy Scriptures.

"Holy" books that have been compounded out of all the high, fine, lofty thoughts of mankind since the beginning do not change the basic facts and the basic problems.

Jesus alone could teach: "I am the Light of the world and he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness."

You are responsible to the Light—and to the authority of the Word of God. You cannot hide behind differences of opinion, behind church politics, behind the philosophies of men. Neither can you hide behind this crazy relativity of morals now being taught in the schools.

If you quench the light, and dim it down, how great will be the darkness!


Renewed Day by Day: Volume 1.





I previously posted this on www.bubblews.com.  It is possible to make 25-50$ a week or more posting articles as a member:

http://www.bubblews.com/?referral=528b66d68976c0.25565781

http://www.bubblews.com/account/50420-lauraspilde

No comments:

Songs of Love and Hope