Featured Post

Introduction

Welcome to the Raggedy Cottage and Garden. As an effort to promote home style creativity and genuine old-fashioned character, I have starte...

Monday, April 16, 2018

How accurate are the DNA testing sites???

Ok.  I took this test for my daughter because there are "holes" in my husband's side of the family.  He did not grow up with his father, and he does look "mexican"....... BUT when a person talks with his dad, he reveals that he is from French-Canadian ancestry including Native American Indigenous tribes.

So I will tell you this.

I know at least 50% of my DNA is Norwegian (This movie is fairly accurate about behavior of Norwegians).

This is true for my husband as well.  These results seem to be quite accurate in many respects as far as pinpointing the majority of your DNA ancestry.  The results were a little higher than I would have expected, but they were still gave a high percentage for Norwegian ancestry.

However, there is something "funny" about the Latin Americans no one tells us.

It is that the Latin Americans are of mixed decent from time to time.  They are not all 100% Mexican so to speak.


People with DNA from "mexico" or "indigenous america" could have more detailed results like this:



I know that my husband has Native American ancestry.  He even appears as if he can blend in with "the Latinos."  When I had my daughter take the DNA test, I would have expected about 1 or 2% Native American ancestry.  Surprisingly the results showed 5%!

Then I also expected the DNA test to show about 10% German and maybe even a little "middle eastern" .... like "India" ancestry.  It turns out she only has under 2% German type of ancestry.  My German ancestors left Germany around or before WW1 so I would have expected this number to be higher!  Also, I know my husband's grandmother has German ancestry! (Hitler (listen around 47 minutes and it reveals leftist flaky attitudes)......had absolutely NOTHING to say apparently...)

So anyhow, these tests may simply be a way to "make money" but then lump people into categories, based on a general "scientific" belief of who people are.....NATURE and NOT.....NURTURE.

I am thinking some of the Latin-America DNA that my daughter has......is more accurately determined by looking up actual family trees and talking to cousins and family members.

Essentially, the 5% Latin American DNA that the test results show......could be anything else like "middle eastern/north african" or other "non-white" DNA and it won't really tell a person that.

I know that I have 1st cousins and 2nd cousins on my mother's side of the family that look like these guys......And that is the side that says we have the "Indian" ancestry.......now does that mean "Latino ancestry" or what??????



I don't know, if you want to take the tests go ahead, but don't put 100% faith in them.  Consider that bible is more adequate for the "soul" (tracing our ancestry roots) as it teaches people who are having "family problems" to "trust the LORD" instead of throwing knives (racial tensions) and needles (gossiping and assuming things) around.  The children are the ones who suffer the most of these tensions.


Anyhow.....how much DNA do you need to have in order to qualify as a "minority," or one who suffers because of ethnicity..... surprisingly the "educational class" called Elizabeth Warren a "minority" and she supposedly says she has 1/32 = 3.1% minority ancestry!  But she doesn't even offer the population ANY evidence that she has minority heritage or conditions!  To me and my children.....who HAVE evidence (and some family members who also have evidence) that they have some sort of minority heritage, this IS an insult.  As Ben Shapiro says it is....then it is.

Sometimes folks may get the different minority groups "mixed up" assuming that all are of the same tribe.... My husband has the Dark Hair......and the beard.....but his hair is straight..... The guy singing in this is a look-alike but his ancestry is a little different.  Both indigenous people and Jewish people have gone through similar suffering....


*****

Study the story of "Hanukkah" (which Jesus participated in this event according to the bible)..... one will find similar suffering among indigenous people.... Hence, I find comfort in knowing different things biblical and historically of the Jewish people...



*****

well.... for humour in all of this....


****************

Find more ways to develop greater understanding and rhetorical skills (my grammar in this blog is not always filled with pristine quality) in our demanding world, while still maintaining a strong biblical world-view.  Find a way to build confidence through frugal and effective post-secondary education.  My book may be purchased through amazon.com.  More information found here.

Remnant Education by [Spilde, Laura]



No comments:

Songs of Love and Hope