Well, once upon a time, white man showed up on Native American land.
Medicine man was a reliable resource in the Native American culture.
His spirituality and healing powers came to the whole tribe as a means to rid the body of its infirmities.
Are medicine men still around?
Yes. Any man who decides to do medical things by spiritual means becomes a medical person. The creator himself calls men by this mechanism of healing power.
Do the Native Americans follow a bible for their culture? No, not really, but many do believe in Jesus as saviour, though some do not. When they believe in JEsus as saviour they CAN incorporate supernatural healing like and with Jesus into healing power.
So do people run to the "Medicine Man" to get healing if they are not Native American? No, they do not. They assume that the medical system is flawless but Medicine Man could never "cure" that disease. Well, they are actually wrong. Medicine Men know how to cure more diseases than the medical system because they rely on supernatural spiritual forces.
Should a Christian run to a Muslim healthcare worker to get healing? It is the same as saying should a Christian run to Buddhism or Humanism to get spiritual healing. There is "nothing" fulfilling in Buddhism and there is "nothing" fulfilling in Humanism. They are a "machine" if you will, not a force of unconditional love.
When you go to a healthcare clinic, you are giving the healthcare worker "money." Medicine Men never asked for money.....simply respect for the tribe and culture. The bible itself even declares how to manage money and whom to "trust" with it. The path of money use is described in Psalm 35. The chapter states: "False witnesses did rise up; they laid to my charge things that I knew not.
1. Ask the healthcare worker(s) their religion preference, particularly if you are planing to do something major with the money, even if that money is coming from "state-funded" sources.
2. Ask them if they ever read about a "sin free" man named Jesus who was born of a virgin and died for their sin.
3. If their response is in "anger" like that NEEEEEED to heal you or they will "loose their job," then you should NOT use them as a healthcare provider. They will never understand how Jesus heals internally and externally from the wickedness in heart and gives power to overcome even sickness and disease.
4. If their response is in "kindness" and there is a serious medical need where severe bleeding is occurring or other issue, then it is "possible" in that particular moment to use the MUSLIM doctor or healthcare worker, but the same would apply to any healthcare worker who seems wishy-washy towards Christian beliefs. You will need to pray about how to respond towards God and man in those situations, as God is the one who knows all and sees all.....even wickedness in health-care worker's minds.
5. Do not commit the act of not wanting Arab doctor or a doctor from India with a dot between the eye, simply because of their nationality. That would be a type of discrimination on the patient's part. Even acts of discrimination against Jewish people could be an issue, if one is not careful. But the question number "2 and 3" should be asked and double checked before using the doctor as a "major" resource in healthcare needs.
6. So if a woman walks in the door of a patient's room and she wears a headscarf.....she could either be following the Catholic belief as a nun, she could be following the Mennonite Belief, she could be following the Hinduism belief, she could be following the First-Century-Christian belief, or she could simply be a Messianic Jewish person. A woman wearing braids and a colorful bandana of sorts may simply decide to practice "man-made medicine" rather than Native Natural Medicine for a while. If that woman walks in the door and wears a "hijab" and she promotes and encourages FGM, for obvious reasons, NEVER use such a woman as a doctor at any given time. Humanity does not need deception, it needs truth.
So there you go, healthcare is actually simple. BUT it requires wisdom to know what to do, when wickedness tries to invade spiritual realms.
For further information about religion issues http://raggedycottagegarden.blogspot.com/2017/04/surprising-similaritydifferences.html
Note: Please do research and LEARN how to do emergency care for you, and other loved ones. It COULD save your life or your loved ones life.