Featured Post

Introduction

Welcome to the Raggedy Cottage and Garden. As an effort to promote home style creativity and genuine old-fashioned character, I have starte...

Monday, July 8, 2013

In reply to sexual impurity bandwaggon.

 A woman on a forum was asking whether the it is biblically acceptable to divorce and remarry even in the case of abuse:  Here is my reply

I really like to go to the information on www.thefaithoncedelivered.info website for clear answers that are biblical based and very well laid out.  Nogreaterjoy.org does a wonderful job of explaining how to work with our old flesh in the nature of marriage as it is very difficult even in hard times.  At times old Jezabel can creep up and try to take control.

I've had my husband financially abuse my credit.  A normal worldly person would call the nearest lawyer and have him charged with fraud or other crimes of that nature.  He already has had criminal records so I am choosing to love him despite his flaws.  I'm not perfect either.  I've said things that were not of a critical thought nature but false and scornful.

I get called names from time to time by my husband.  I've been scorned by his grandmother for being a mother to our kids.  I carry on.  I still believe God will provide for us even if it means I eat extra healthy dandelions for dinner.

So to explain if it is right to divorce in the case of abuse is like telling a doctor he needs to quit his job because all of the patients have mental illness and don't function as they ought.  To tell a woman she should get divorced because the job is too hard is an oxymoron in a sense and similar to telling a good doctor to quit his job because the patients are so reckless.

The place to start is memorizing the ten commandments and study those as that will explain clearly what sin is and what it does to our lives.  We can end up hurting and getting hurt in inward ways that others cannot see.  Even in our thoughts against our spouse! God knows about that too!

Is there ever a biblical "right" to remarriage while the former spouse is still alive.  The answer quite clearly is NO.  God NEVER puts human sexuality on a pedestal. We all must be dead to our sin married or single for life.

If you have friends, family or other's living in sexual impurity, God will and does judge that sin even if the "church" accepts it. If you are close to marriage it may be wise to move far away from severely sexually impure relatives as they may come after your future children.

Here is what Paul states about marriage which is often not talked about in the modern church.
"The wife is bound by the law as long as her husband liveth; but if her husband be dead, she is at liberty to be married to whom she will; only in the Lord. But she is happier if she so abide, after my judgment: and I think also that I have the Spirit of God.
(1Co 7:39-40)"

I've already seen, heard, read about women judged for her choice to jump in with a "new" man or scorn the one she's with. The men usually leave, the sons never visit or get charged with rape and get tired of the same old same old Jezabel feminist behavior.  Its icky. Avoid it like a poisonous bio-hazard found at the old nursing-home.  If you are infected with it the only real cure is a graceful merciful tongue guided by the spirit of critical thinking truth.  Critical thinking involves skill and takes time to develop properly.  www.homeschoolhowtos.com has a good e-book to develop and test your skill in this area so you don't jump on the bandwaggon of sexual impurity or in the support of it.

No comments:

Songs of Love and Hope