Featured Post

Introduction

Welcome to the Raggedy Cottage and Garden. As an effort to promote home style creativity and genuine old-fashioned character, I have starte...

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Time Management: Early Rising




If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea; Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
(Psa 139:9-10)



Continuing with the Proverbs 31 series, I would like to write about time management today.

Time Management
-riseth while it is yet night
-her candle goeth not out by night
-looketh well to the ways of her household
-eateth not the bread of idleness

To begin, I will speak about sleep! Yes Sleep! As a mother, worries and anxieties can creep in from all directions. These worries may keep us up at night and cause us to fret about things that are not worth our worries. However, we are not to dwell on those worries but give them over to the Lord and he will guide us. Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked (Pro 24:19)


Right now my husband is scheduled to work at a job that requires him to work until 11:00 or so at night. This means late nights for the whole family as well..... However, this does not mean that we are to loosen our biblical standards and change our sleeping schedules to fit around his work needs. Rather it is best to "face" the morning with the Lord, because the morning is the time when we are best able to meet in solace and silence without the business of everyday life.

In this verse it is said that we can sing of thy power in the morning ;) But I will sing of thy power; yea, I will sing aloud of thy mercy in the morning: for thou hast been my defence and refuge in the day of my trouble. (Psa 59:16)

We learn that our best guidance and defense from our enemies comes in the morning. Cause me to hear thy lovingkindness in the morning; for in thee do I trust: cause me to know the way wherein I should walk; for I lift up my soul unto thee. Deliver me, O LORD, from mine enemies: I flee unto thee to hide me. (Psa 143:8-9)

We get knowledge of the learned by waking early in the morning. The learned, who quite possibly are spent on late-nights studying in a college dorm, are amazed by the unlearned who wake early in the morning and praise the Lord for his goodness ;) The Lord GOD hath given me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him that is weary: he wakeneth morning by morning, he wakeneth mine ear to hear as the learned. The Lord GOD hath opened mine ear, and I was not rebellious, neither turned away back.
(Isa 50:4-5)

Christ commonly woke early in the morning apart from others to find a solitary place to pray. And in the morning, rising up a great while before day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.
(Mar 1:35)


If you have not done so already, make early rising a part of your schedule. I would eventually like to wake at 4:30 in the morning and go to bed without disruption at 9:00 or so....but for now my wake time is at 7:00 and it works well for me.

No comments:

Songs of Love and Hope