Featured Post

Introduction

Welcome to the Raggedy Cottage and Garden. As an effort to promote home style creativity and genuine old-fashioned character, I have starte...

Monday, October 19, 2009

Update: Garden and Homebirth


It has been a long time since I have posted on this blog. Our garden work is finished, besides clearing the brush out of the garden, and canning work as well. I will soon post the total amounts of produce we accumulated this season. Keep in mind this was my second garden and I was sick with morning sickness for much of the summer, so my motivation to care for the garden was somewhat limited.

We are busily planning and preparing for our home birth where we found much of the supplies we need at local pharmacies, Wal-mart, on-line with various home birth websites, at garage sales and thrift shops. I have accumulated all of the items into a small tote container. It is amazing how quickly time flys. By this Friday I will already be 24 weeks along! Some folks are starting to notice a change in my appearance while others are still wondering. I have kept much of the plans to home birth a secret and only reveal minimal information about the condition of prenatal appointments and such. Thus far the heartbeat on a simple fetoscope has been 150 BPM.

No comments:

Songs of Love and Hope