Featured Post

Introduction

Welcome to the Raggedy Cottage and Garden. As an effort to promote home style creativity and genuine old-fashioned character, I have starte...

Friday, April 3, 2009

We're Moving!


We are moving at the end of this month. I am thankful that we only live in a two bedroom apartment. I believe I will start packing this weekend. I plan to pack items that are not frequently used at this moment in time.

We will be moving into the upstairs of my husband's grandparents home. I will have to minimize the supplies and necessities to a very small amount while we are living there. We should not need kitchen supplies and such at the time. Moving really opens a person's eyes to see what items are truly needed to survive. We will have to store much of our furniture and other such items for a short time in a storage garage. The time spent in my husband's grandparent's home should only be a few months and then we will look elsewhere for a new place to live. During the time my husband plans to further his education. Basically, when my husband finds a new secure job we will be settling down.

I will continue to work on our garden and also hope to expand it. Because we will be short on cash during my husband's educational excursion, it will be essential that we have some food supply and possibly income from the local farmer's market. I also hope to be canning some of our food items as well.

Therefore whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock:
(Matthew 7:24)

No comments:

Songs of Love and Hope