Featured Post

Introduction

Welcome to the Raggedy Cottage and Garden. As an effort to promote home style creativity and genuine old-fashioned character, I have starte...

Thursday, July 18, 2013

The Resolution for Women

1. I do solemnly resolve to embrace my current season of life and will maximize my time in it.  I will resist the urge to hurry through or circumvent any portion of my journey but will live with a spirit of contentment.

2. I will champion God's model for womanhood in the face of a profeminist culture.  I will teach it to my daughters and encourage its support by my sons.

3. I will accept and celebrate my uniqueness and will esteem and encourage the distinctions I admire in others.

4. I will live as a woman answerable to God and faithfully committed to His word.

5. I will seek to devote the best of myself, my time, and my talents to the primary roles the Lord has entrusted to me in this phase of my life.

6. I will be a woman who is quick to listen and slow to speak.  I will care about the concerns of others and esteem them more highly than myself.

7. I will forgive those who have wronged me and reconcile with those I have wronged.

8. I will not tollerate evil influences even in the most justifiable form, in myself or my home, but will embrace and encourage a life of purity.

9. I will pursue justice, love mercy, and extend compassion toward others.

10. I will be faithful to my husand and honor him in my conduct and conversation in order to bring glory to the name of the LOrd.  I will aspire to be a suitable partner for him to help him reach his God-given potential.

11. I will demonstrate to my children how to love God with all their hearts, minds, and strength, and will train them to respect authority and live responsibly.

12. I will cultivate a peaceful home where everyone can sense God's presence not only through acts of love and service but also through the pleasant and grateful attitude with which I perform them.

13. I will fully resolve to make today's decisions with tomorrow's impact in mind.  I will consider my current choices in light of those who will come after me.

From: The Resolution for Women by Priscilla Shirer

No comments:

Songs of Love and Hope