Featured Post

Introduction

Welcome to the Raggedy Cottage and Garden. As an effort to promote home style creativity and genuine old-fashioned character, I have starte...

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Sqaure Foot Gardening

This year I made plans to try square foot gardening.  It is a method of gardening that works great for those who garden in small spaces and don't really have a lot of time to thin and weed.  To help you learn more about square foot gardening you may read this book:




It is a great book that will show you the basics of square foot gardening.  Square Foot Gardening by Mel Bartholomew can be purchased from the Raggedy Cottage and Garden Store.  Other garden supplies may also be purchased from our store.

One thing that I know for sure, when you plan to use the square foot gardening method, you will have to do more planning on paper in order to get the results you desire.  I made a plan and will be getting the seeds to start the transplants indoors very soon.

1 comment:

affectioknit said...

I have that book - I've never quite put it into practice though...I need to...Best wishes with your SF garden...ours is still months away...

Songs of Love and Hope