Featured Post

Introduction

Welcome to the Raggedy Cottage and Garden. As an effort to promote home style creativity and genuine old-fashioned character, I have starte...

Thursday, May 7, 2009

God is calling the Mother Home


After working in the nursing home and other various jobs since I was sixteen I know God is calling me home. My parents were a part of a Liberal Christian denomination and this led my father to believe that my mother could "safely" work outside the home full-time to fulfill "needed" financial obligations. That was not true because my mother often came home and had an angry spirit with us children. This left many scars in our family! It also led him to believe I and my two sisters "needed" to work outside the home and attend prostegious colleges to meet society's standards. My dad has NEVER picked up abible and read Titus 2 or any verse that is not repeated in the liberal church they attend.....please pray for them and salvation from that lost church. I have heard God calling me home through his word (Tit 2:5 [Women are] To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed). Right now I am entrapped by obligations to the nursing home where I work and am married to an unemployed husband so it is quite difficult to remain home full time. I am feeling the pressures that occur with work outside of home both political and spiritual. I am praying that God will make a way and he will. The money is not worth it despite my education and background work experience in many different jobs (teller, help desk worker, waitress, tutor, etc) . If I feel we still need income I know that I can safely sell excess produce and crafts at a local farmers market, clean homes or tend gardens and safely bring my dear son with me as I meet those financial obligations. I am thankful that I am able to meet basic needs by working only 16 hours a week......however, we have had to put bills and debt on hold......

Although working at a nursing home looks promising for a Christian women.....I will warn those who are wanting to pursue a career in nursing.....it isn't! Home health care or more independent means of caring for the ill are far better for a women who wishes to ensure the best health for the elderly in the community. The political and spiritual pressures felt in nursing homes are VERY destructive to the human spirit both for the patient and for the worker. Man has destroyed many by setting up systems for the "unfit in society" such as this.

Even in scripture it is proclaimed that it is far better to attend to the needs of sharing the gospel than attending to the needs of communal living (an ungodly way of living).

"Acts 6:1-4 And in those days, when the number of the disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrews, because their widows were neglected in the daily ministration. (2) Then the twelve called the multitude of the disciples unto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leave the word of God, and serve tables. (3) Wherefore, brethren, look ye out among you seven men of honest report, full of the Holy Ghost and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business. (4) But we will give ourselves continually to prayer, and to the ministry of the word.
"


However, although God is not calling me to work in the nursing home he is calling me to reach out to the widows. (James 1:27 Pure religion and undefiled before God and the Father is this, To visit the fatherless and widows in their affliction, and to keep himself unspotted from the world. ) I may volunteer or visit them always because one day God may call me to be a widow. I don't feel called to work under a "money hungry" administrator who barely knows the names of the residents who dwell in the communal household which he or she works. I feel called to work under my husband for he is the head of our household. God knows the name of who he cares for!

So for this mother's day, if you are a mother who works outside the home, I urge you to consider God's plan for you and your family. Look after the ways of your own household before the years pass by and it is too late to win the heart of your children.......Here is an excellent article that helps expand and understand God's calling all women back home.

Give the perfect gift for mother's day......HOME.

No comments:

Songs of Love and Hope