Featured Post

Introduction

Welcome to the Raggedy Cottage and Garden. As an effort to promote home style creativity and genuine old-fashioned character, I have starte...

Saturday, March 3, 2018

Songs that are a description of a time in my life....college life....

I usually sing and praise using typical HYMNS(that which is accapella and requires not man--made musical instrument)..... but sometimes these songs draw people to the truth....

When I was in college, I was the "stage tech" person....... who was putting songs like this on the screen, specifically during a student worship thing:




Getting rid of stage fright when playing Rachmaninoff....... ugh..... the pain of learning Rachmaninoff!!!

Seems like Charlie knew how stage tech stuff works too ;)

Charlie is always singing -LOVE- songs.  My ancestors left Germany before or around WW1 by the way (with brown/darker skin in our family heritage some more middle eastern connection....but ancestry.com has low ratings and reliability), so there was an atmosphere of -division- that was driving people away from the truth in the middle of Germany.......calling people "names" for no legitimate reason (.....you "gay"...... or you "homophobe".......etc etc.....  both are name-calling assaults on character in my book)

I remember listening to the "student worship,"  and one of the topics a student came up with was -FOCUS-ed on this topic: "Joh_21:17  He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.  "  The particular speaker was trying to explain a type of love that perhaps would cause the sheep to focus on "fleshy" things....instead of his divine plan....HIS divine plan is SOOOOO much better.......

However, as students they may have missed the reality that the FULL bible is needed to grasp the "cross" and what it fully means (for some must suffer in this life), so all of these verses must be considered in order for things to be "legit".....especially when it comes to LOVE (assume the picture Charlie is trying to paint is the brokenness in Adam and Eve.......which only Christ can truly repair....):

Joh_14:15  If ye love me, keep my commandments.
Joh_14:21  He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Joh_15:10  If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.
1Jn_5:2  By this we know that we love the children of God, when we love God, and keep his commandments.
1Jn_5:3  For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.
2Jn_1:6  And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.


******

these are among the other songs that are a reflection of what college-stage-tech person heard from time to time as well (every human life from conception to aged is a different star......in God's plan):


***********************

Find more ways to develop greater understanding and rhetorical skills (my grammar in this blog is not always filled with pristine quality) in our demanding world, while still maintaining a strong biblical world-view.  My book may be purchased through amazon.com

Remnant Education by [Spilde, Laura]



No comments:

Songs of Love and Hope