Featured Post

Introduction

Welcome to the Raggedy Cottage and Garden. As an effort to promote home style creativity and genuine old-fashioned character, I have starte...

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Garden and Canning


Here is a picture of our garden. There are several flowers in our garden which are volunteer flowers that I let grow.
Nearly 200 onions are under the tarp drying and getting ready for storage. The tomatoes have not made an appearance yet.

I canned some zucchini pickles. I also canned 10 jars of zucchini relish. We have so much zucchini this year I am out of ideas for recipes to use the zucchini.

2 comments:

margaret said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
margaret said...

Yep, that's zucchini (or as we call them here courgettes) for you. The year I grew them I froze them in 'mush' form and made 15 jars of chutney and still had to give away umpteen.

Songs of Love and Hope